Our universe is full of mysterious things that we are covering as we progressing our knowledge and theories about universe.
14 Amazing Facts About The Universe
- Nothing can travel faster than speed of light. It’s a cosmic speed limit. Car traveling at speed of light turns on headlights will not cause light coming from headlight to travel at 2x speed of light. Try thinking about it 😉
- Whole visible matter in the universe does not account for all the energy in the universe that implies there is something called as dark matter and dark energy.
- Atom is not smallest thing in universe. Atoms are made up of electrons, protons and neutrons. Even these are not the smallest things. Superstrings (yet to be proven) or point of singularity at the center of a black hole are the strongest contenders so far.
- Universe is constantly expanding at tremendous speed.
- Universe is categorized majorly as observable universe & non observable universe. Observable universe means light can reach to earth from them to earth.
- Higgs boson are the particles those gives mass to other particles and indirectly to us.
- We know now that universe started with a big bang but no one knows what caused the big bang, yet. What Caused the Big Bang ? God ?
- Time literally stops at speed of light and slows down as one moves closer to obtaining light speed. This is called time dilation.
- Time dilation is the reason why our satellites clocks need to be synched and adjusted with earth timing regularly because time runs slower on them compared to us as they rotate at faster speed around the earth than earth rotates.
- Time can also be slowed down by gravity. In fact, in the black hole’s center at the point of singularity, there is no time.
- If you lived just across the event horizon (point where you can rotate around black hole safely and won’t get sucked into black hole), time will run very slow for you as compared to earth. As shown in interstellar movie, 2 hours on planet near black hole was about 70 years on space ship.
- When star dies, because of it’s tremendous mass it falls on itself towards the center that causes mass to remain same but density to increase so huge that it eventually becomes either the black hole or neutron star.
- Neutron star is do dense that size of sugar cube on it is as good as weight of Himalaya mountain
- Not only light but everything has dual nature of being wave and being particle !