Michelle Obama, Sonia Gandhi, Hillary Clinton and Sarah Palin might be talked about for their elegance and eloquence, but their lesser exposed cousin, Hina Rabbani Khar doesn’t lag behind when it comes to exercising popularity.
And, if you too are a fan of her beauty and classic style, here are some lesser known facts about the former Pakistani minister.
- She became the first female Foreign Minister in July 2011 following the resignation of Mehmood Qureshi.
- Hina belongs to a political feudal family and is the daughter of politician Malik Ghulam Noor Rabbani Khar and niece of former Governor Punjab Malik Ghulam Mustafa Khar.
- Khar graduated from Lahore University of Management Sciences (LUMS). She also attended the University of Massachusetts at Amherst in the United States, where she completed her MSc in Business Management.
- Interestingly, the 35-year-old is a passionate trekker and has trekked to Nanga Parbat and K2.
- According to reports, before she entered politics, she was pursuing a career in Hotel Management.
- She is the co-owner of famous Polo Lounge of Lahore, which has a branch in Islamabad.
- In the year 2009, Hina became the first woman to present the budget in the National Assembly as Minister of State for Finance and Economic Affairs
- Hina is married to Firoze Gulzar, the owner of Galaxy Textile Mills.